SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Tails5 wrote:Yeah, most people have higher resolutions, infact, without a 3rd party program or compatibility mode, my good computer refuses to go below 800x600 at a 16bit colour depth. And it recommends that I never go lower than 1024x768 at 32bit colour depth. And about thetarget's post, if you have other templates, please have an option in the UCP allowing people to choose the one they like.

P.S. Sorry if you don't like my spelling of colour, that's the British and Australian way, though Americans spell it color.
1024x768 is now the recommended screen resolution just about everywhere that you go.

P.S. Actually, color is the proper way to spell it, but you Brits always mess up words. :P

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/colour

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The 'Brits' as you so charmingly put it, were around first, if you remember, they colonized America...
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Tails5 wrote:The 'Brits' as you so charmingly put it, were around first, if you remember, they colonized America...
Yeah, but they colonized America in a crappy way. However, you guys still changed the word.

Back on topic: Thanks Tail5 for doing some of the work. It will help me out a lot. :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Are you faking this arrogance, or is it real? And by the way, I'm not a 'brit' myself, I'm Australian :p

On topic: No problem, glad to help!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Hey how bout we keep these sorts of arguments where they belong as in PMs or something besides the forums. No one quite cares what someone's personal opinion of some other culture is. Color is the same thing as Colour it is just spelled differently. If people want to get real technical about it any white American could have came from a family line of British background and you would be talking about your own ancestors. America was founded on good beliefs and strong **** grounds it's the rejects that came after the founding fathers who have added and taken away things to make this country so jacked up. So how bout you keep slanders of one another out of the forums or I will personally report each post which is in a derogative manner to any other member of this forum. This goes for anyone.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Okay, sorry! But one thing of note: As you can see in the post, there's no anamosity. I'm not trying to say that I was right to post it, but I wasn't being nasty, neither was Flipper :)
TheCrymsonLegends

I know but some people could see it as being a bit rude to one another so I had to break it up. Thanks for not allowing it to get horrible though. So back to the original topic. This theme is great wonder what the next one will be like, and I miss the old space theme that was an awesome theme.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think SHAdmin should make it so people can pick the theme they want from the User Control Panel.
TheCrymsonLegends

Tails5 wrote:I think SHAdmin should make it so people can pick the theme they want from the User Control Panel.
The only problem with that is when he goes to add new modifications to a theme he would have to add it to every theme he has. Sometimes that can get pretty hectic if time is short and there are 20 some odd themes.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah... Good point, and I just remembered, the space theme was called Solaris, it's a phpBB theme, not vBulletin, so we couldnt have it back anyway :(