Amd vs Intel For Graphical Arts?

All the graphics design related talk can be done here.
Enjoiyourfate

Amd vs Intel For Graphical Arts?

Post by Enjoiyourfate »

I was wondering if you couldnt afford an Apple, what would be a better processor to use in windows for graphic design? amd or intel? dual core.

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Apple computer also use Intel processor FYI. So it doesn't matter.

Go with AMD for low CPU prices and get a nice good graphic card. ATi graphic card produce very vivid images. GeForce well, can process images faster, for 3D modeling i'd recommend that.

Below are some info that I thought it is good to add. Feel free to ignore.

I assume that you do not already have a monitor since you actually considered Apple computers.

To make good graphic works, you need to see well, fork up some money and get a up-to-scale monitor and a calibrator.

Nice pair of RAM. 4GB ddr2 ideally, but since you have a budget, 2 gb is cool enough.

For OS, depend on what software you are using. If older software, just use windows 98, stable, fast and does not hog 10% of your resource like all latest Windows does.

Enjoy -)
Enjoiyourfate

Post by Enjoiyourfate »

well right now im running on a samsung 22" monitor 8000:1. 2ms. mainly for gaming. an asus crossfire board. but crappy chipset, wanting to upgrade to the new chipset, and possibly run on the new ATI Radeon 4850. those would be the only 2 things i would have to invest in atm. im just gonna use my gaming rig. just was trying to get an idea. thanks