Looking for help.

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
daddygotech

Post by daddygotech »

If you have problems with understanding what's in the PHP codes, i would recommend you asking for tutorials with comment lines where there should be an explanation of why the code is there. This is an extremely fast and efficient way though.

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I have tried to look at scripts with comment lines and while I do see how to do some things it just doesn't **** as to how the code works. I can Debug codes and such but cannot create it myself. Maybe one day in the future I can learn how but as for now my knowledge isn't up to what I need to fulfill the website's coding requirements.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow! I want to play Airsoft ^_^ And you can be sure Ill do my best :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I have tried to look at scripts with comment lines and while I do see how to do some things it just doesn't **** as to how the code works. I can Debug codes and such but cannot create it myself. Maybe one day in the future I can learn how but as for now my knowledge isn't up to what I need to fulfill the website's coding requirements.

You will learn one day. I learned from reading other people's codes. I have never actually read a PHP Tutorial. I just learned from reading other people's codes and now just use php.net whenever I need to look up a function.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I learnt from reading a tutorial to begin with, now I just research things on PHP.net when I'm unsure of what command I have to use
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Ok, back on topic. I have been planning out in my mind on how to start, etc. However, I do have a question. How could zip codes be done? I have learned that 1 degree of latitude = 60 nautical miles, but finding what 1 degree if longitude is hard because there is an actual formula and no website gives the exact formula. :\

Any help?
TheCrymsonLegends

Well there are some download-able scripts which have these already figured out and such so if you cannot find the way to do that I will just buy a script and have it implemented into the site because with that many zip codes in the country I don't think it would be fair to do all that work.

Flipper when you start holiday break let me know and I will get you the files to begin if you choose to. Don't rush it because as you know this website may see a ton of potential customers and it needs to be full proof. Which means we may be ripping some scripts out of other CMS's to get the overall functions we need.

Tails I do think Australia has a nice Airsoft Community eventually I will spread my website to cover a good deal of countries including yours to give you a better idea of where to look for them.

I am going for training but I am not sure when for the military so there could be a longer period of time where the website can be built. As soon as the site is completed it will launch and I will be spamming multiple forums with it's link to get a large member bias. Hopefully it will take off perfectly and become a great start to a new beginning of Airsoft.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

nice to hear that community members going into team and doing some stuff together. Respect for all!!! And i wish good fly for this project
TheCrymsonLegends

Lixas since you probably can code better then all of us you should tag along and help out. So far two members and I are going to be working on this project maybe you know how to code a zip code search thingy which will let people search by zip code?

Also there will be a referal block which is suppose to refer members to arenas, stores, events, and squads in a general area near the zip code the member input into the site. It's going to be fun.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

[php]mysql_query("SELECT * FROM squads WHERE ZipCode='$zipCode'")[/php]