Showing Excel in Html/Php

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
TheCrymsonLegends

Showing Excel in Html/Php

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Is there any method for creating a dynamic Spreadsheet table which people can enter a single set of information and it change to the rest of the table?

I have a business earnings/expenses spreadsheet which I want to publish to the internet to show some friends of mine so they can get a basic idea as to how the business will work out.

I am basically creating a website which will dual as a business plan so that if I ever go before any banks I could just load up my website and have everything in one place.

If you think you can help please send me a PM and post that you have so I can get two e-mails regestering the fact that I have been replied to :D. I just need a basic code showing one or two things then I can learn from there... remember give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he never goes hungry :D. Thanks again.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

hmm, probably you will need to use AJAX. now i would like to know more how big would be your spread sheet ? If it's a not very huge and you no need to change it. I dont realy know if it will work, but you can try SAJA ( http://saja.sourceforge.net/ ) Post some more details and maybe someone will help you more :)
TheCrymsonLegends

The spreadsheet is practically finished so I can give exact size of it, but if I need to make it longer I'm sure I can figure that out.

Pix = Pixel's wide.

The first one is 5 Columns wide with 28 Pix, 7 Pix, 21 Pix, 21 Pix, 21 Pix.

I don't think I actually need another one as I can just use a basic html table function to acurately demonstrate it's layout. I need only one or two sections to be editable but not actually save in any sql database. Think you could create a basic code I could learn from? Oddly I learn better from a written code than from scratch.

Thanks.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Actually, if its made in Microsoft Excel, just get your friends to download the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003, and if its made in Excel 2007, also get them to download the Microsoft Office Compatability Pack and then they can just open the file that you saved.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Tails5 wrote:Actually, if its made in Microsoft Excel, just get your friends to download the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003, and if its made in Excel 2007, also get them to download the Microsoft Office Compatability Pack and then they can just open the file that you saved.
I was wanting to post it on the website so that they don't have to download things. I suppose I will just have to make a new spreadsheet in some language which can be seen and calculated properly. I may not do it but it was solely for the fact of making a business proposition that I could show off anywhere without having 100 different files on my computer to open. Thanks both for the help, I'll go search the internet.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

O.o okay, but its just 3 files, the viewer, converter if the spreadsheet is made in the '07 office system unless you save it as "Excel 97-2003 File", and your spreadsheet itself.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti