Nintendo Wii

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
noobian

Post by noobian »

i have a wii and i am quite a strong supporter of it. the wii sports that comes with it opens a whole new variety of possible games to play. the wii can double as a game cube and has those online capabilities (a little slow, but it will be improved). mii channel is pretty cool and the virtual shop channel where you can download old classics is awesome. (i downloaded super mario bros and kid icarus for $5 each)

barnes

Post by barnes »

Bulletproof wrote:its cool but the graphics suck but overall the wii is great for kiddies
Thats a very easy topic to disagree with. Most serious gamers will tell you that graphics come 2nd to game play. Sure any game can look incredible on the Xbox360, but can they match the fun of the Wii?

Update on some amazing Wii stuff:
A Half Life 2 Mod is being developed to allow using the Wii remote and Nun chuck to play Half Life 2 on PC. Eventually new mods, and current ones will be included. Such as Counter-Strike, and Day Of Defeat. Check out this project here.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

barnes wrote:Thats a very easy topic to disagree with. Most serious gamers will tell you that graphics come 2nd to game play. Sure any game can look incredible on the Xbox360, but can they match the fun of the Wii?

Update on some amazing Wii stuff:
A Half Life 2 Mod is being developed to allow using the Wii remote and Nun chuck to play Half Life 2 on PC. Eventually new mods, and current ones will be included. Such as Counter-Strike, and Day Of Defeat. Check out this project here.
Amazing! The WiiMote on the PC :) I can't wait!!!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
habbotroy

Post by habbotroy »

hey i heard its C**p cause mi friend has one
TROY
barnes

Post by barnes »

Tails5 wrote:Amazing! The WiiMote on the PC :) I can't wait!!!
No need, its working! Check out Willi for more info. Any game is possible of being played with the remote with a little scripting in this nifty little program called Glovepie

I haven't had any luck with it at all though. I've even hacked up my sensor bar to be wireless on 9v battery. This lets me use it on the PC for the best control systems. I am going to start playing with it a little more later.
noobian

Post by noobian »

sounds cool, i'd probably have to get a computer better then my current one though =|
barnes

Post by barnes »

noobian wrote:sounds cool, i'd probably have to get a computer better then my current one though =|
Well depends what you want to use it for, but yeah, HL2 is pretty demanding, but worthy of the upgrades. :)
forex_199

Post by forex_199 »

Very cool.I love that also
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I don't have to wait! Cool, now just to get a WiiMote....
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
noobcrewz

Post by noobcrewz »

Well Wii's sales are doing very well so far, so Nintendo is proud.

PS3 aint doing so well so far, just going to have to wait for the price cuts!
noobcrewz.com - Sydney Shufflers!