chmod?

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Myspacelogin

chmod?

Post by Myspacelogin »

Ahhh Help how do you setup php chmod???

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Yay, finally a subject I can actually help with.

To CHMOD php files you will need a FTP Program which you can access the server in which your website is hosted. For ex. most ftp addresses are ftp.yousite.com instead of http://www.yoursite.com.

Once your are connected to the server via ftp you can in most FTP Programs drag and drop files and also right **** on them giving you the Right **** Bar thingy. In this bar on many FTP Programs ( I use CuteFTP it's a trial program but very nifty ), you can Change Permission or Properties is the one you select from this menu. On the screen that pops up you will have CHMOD and various codes. Which you can enter a wide range of them. You usually don't want to give access to anyone other than Admin to your important files and with most PHP CMS's such as Php-Nuke or Nuke-Evolution they will tell you what files to CHMOD.

To my knowledge you can only do this with the FTP Program I havn't found any other way of doing this besides after it is on Server Side. If there was a way to do it prior to getting to the server then no one would have to change CHMOD settings. I hope this has helped you.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
mohumben

Post by mohumben »

I think he means to CHMOD files using PHP's chmod() function.

Most shared hosts simply do not allow PHP to do this.

Code: Select all

define('I_LOVE_PHP', true);
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

mohumben wrote:I think he means to CHMOD files using PHP's chmod() function.

Code: Select all

chmod&#40] NOTE: the "somedir" should be chmoded to 0777
paopao00

Post by paopao00 »

yes ! please set 0755
rwshthn

Post by rwshthn »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:

Yay, finally a subject I can actually help with.

To CHMOD php files you will need a FTP Program which you can access the server in which your website is hosted. For ex. most ftp addresses are ftp.yousite.com instead of http://www.yoursite.com.

Once your are connected to the server via ftp you can in most FTP Programs drag and drop files and also right **** on them giving you the Right **** Bar thingy. In this bar on many FTP Programs ( I use CuteFTP it's a trial program but very nifty ), you can Change Permission or Properties is the one you select from this menu. On the screen that pops up you will have CHMOD and various codes. Which you can enter a wide range of them. You usually don't want to give access to anyone other than Admin to your important files and with most PHP CMS's such as Php-Nuke or Nuke-Evolution they will tell you what files to CHMOD.

To my knowledge you can only do this with the FTP Program I havn't found any other way of doing this besides after it is on Server Side. If there was a way to do it prior to getting to the server then no one would have to change CHMOD settings. I hope this has helped you.

no word after this