PHP Operation Not Permitted. What's The Deal?

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Erika6343

PHP Operation Not Permitted. What's The Deal?

Post by Erika6343 »

Hey guys,

I'm currently having an issue with some PHP. I am on a Smokyhosts server and I am trying to create a PHP database for a real estate company. This database allows the user to upload pictures and the pictures will automatically be placed as a thumbnail, and also a larger picture in a slideshow. Whenever I try to upload my script and edit the picture I get this error:

"Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/shotthe/public_html/php/thimg/' for writing in /home/shotthe/public_html/php/add.php on line 166

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/shotthe/public_html/php/add.php on line 167

operation not permitted"

Why is the operation not permitted? Thanks in advance for your help...

- Erika of shotthebreeze.com
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Make sure you have set the permissions on '/home/shotthe/public_html/php/thimg/' directory to '777'. i.e. CHMOD '/home/shotthe/public_html/php/thimg/' to '777'. Once this done, you shouldnt face any problem.
Erika6343

Post by Erika6343 »

That was the first thing I changed. It still doesn't work.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Then you must contact the script author/support for the solution to your problem. Because the error message only says that it is unable to open the directroy, and once you CHMOD to 777 then this problem should not come.
Erika6343

Post by Erika6343 »

Ha! I found what it was. I had a small typo in the script. Sorry about that... :oops: