How do you copyright graphics?

Everybody can post tutorials, tips, tricks, and request for tutorials help in this place
znad

How do you copyright graphics?

Post by znad »

How do you copyright your graphics? Is there a certain place that you have to register them or something, or do you just have to attach a notice that they are copyrighted? Do you have to pay a fee somewhere?

Phantasmagoria

Post by Phantasmagoria »

If I'm not mistaken, you made it, so you have rights to it no matter what. I don't think you have to pay a fee and register it.
ivanlexbert

Post by ivanlexbert »

make some name on the image
satit28

Post by satit28 »

put a Copyright sign..............
or your name...............
Mizo

Post by Mizo »

make a Sig for u and put it in any pic u made
sabinahs

Post by sabinahs »

It doesn't matter what you put on it, anything that is your original work is automatically copyrighted. The copyright will only be void 70 years after the authors death.
Go the Sabinahs!
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

it is still always good to put your name or alias on the image to insure that people notice that it is copyrighted to you.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Freedom Fighter has a good point. If you create graphix in a mass scale you are probably better off to create a LOGO to watermark in your graphics. To show you are the one who designed it. Watermarking is available in most Graphix programs.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

Please help me how to create watermarks in the images.
toxiccloud

Post by toxiccloud »

that really isnt hard, just search google, i dont use much watermarks, but when i do, i just write in normal black, and lower the optimacy, or put it on overlay...