How do you get a free domain here?

Is there anything that is confusing you, or that you are unable to understand? You can clarify here.
Xception

How do you get a free domain here?

Post by Xception »

I've seen lots of talk about the free domain offer here, but I don't see anywhere that actually tells me how to get it. I completely understand the post to host business structure and how all this works, but I do not see any requirements listed to request a domain registration, or the terms of said arrangement. Please clarify.
Thanks!

ecotoura

Re: How do you get a free domain here?

Post by ecotoura »

Xception wrote:I've seen lots of talk about the free domain offer here, but I don't see anywhere that actually tells me how to get it. I completely understand the post to host business structure and how all this works, but I do not see any requirements listed to request a domain registration, or the terms of said arrangement. Please clarify.
Thanks!
I believe they will host a domain you already have registered. Registering a domain is not included in the free hosting plan.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Every 15 days, we pick up the members posting 100 posts or more within those 15 days, and having a hosting account with us, and offer them a free .in domain name.

The domain name is absolutely free of cost, no credit card details required, no commitment that you will continue to host it with us.
Xception

Post by Xception »

Oh Cool. Some more buzz on this one might get some posting frenzies going.
Maybe you could consider doing a free .com for people who post 350 posts or some other possible but difficult milestone... That would really increase people's desire to post..

If you make the free domain offer more visible, and maybe in your FreeWebHostingTalk and other ads, with it clearly spelled out in the forums here, I bet you'd get a lot more activity. You could always put a monthly cap on the total number given away to ensure everything fits the budget properly and a sudden flux in high posters doesn't mean a scary cost increase. Then, if people were eligible last month but didn't make the cut in time, they can be eligible next month instead or something.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Many new ways to earn and redeem points on their way!

Keep your ideas pouring... we might just use a couple of them and award the one sharing the idea with some bonus reward points!
Xception

Post by Xception »

Another way to increase the value of your free hosting accounts without incurring another cost per client would be to have a much shorter top level domain to allow users to have their subdomains on. I have found a perfect domain that's currently available and only costs $4.74 per year on sale at namecheap right now. I'll PM you the domain instead of posting it here. If you like the idea, you could make it another "priority request" like the faster setup idea, by allowing users to pay an extra fee/points/posts to get their name reserved as username.lll.tld
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Good one there Xception.

Will be booking one real soon