Managed DNS Problem

If there is anything for ultimate privacy such as reporting some bugs in the control panel script or such disscussions can be done here.

Note :: Remember, if a post is not of such ultimate privacy related then it must be posted in some other forum which is visible to the open public
Tails5

Managed DNS Problem

Post by Tails5 »

I'm having a big problem with Managed DNS, it told me to change my nameservers, so I changed my domains name-servers, and don't know how to add the old ones back so I can use Managed DNS and my website. Please help :)

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi,
Any changes in DNS take atleast 2 to 24 hours to take effect. Please wait for that time and let me know if it starts to work.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It's now been about 32 hours since it happened. I think the problem has something to do with me changing the NS's to go to Managed DNS, I just dont know how to set those NS's back into it using Managed DNS for the whole site.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi,
Please use the guides given at http://smokyhosts.myorderbox.com/kb/ser ... at124.html and check if what you have setup is correct or not. If you still find any issue, then please let me know the domain name and i will look into it.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Managed DNS is set up properly, and I tried adding the NS without a zone, but it still isn't working. I tried re-adding the domain as a parked domain. It said "cs-lewis.info has been successfully created for you" but it won't load my homepage when I try to go to it.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi,
Please PM me the domain name with the email address you have used at the time of registration and i will look into the issue.
antnzdotcom

Post by antnzdotcom »

yeh i am having the same problem.. let me know if you get a fix...
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The solution is to point the NS to your Managed DNS, and point a CNAME record with a blank zone to your smokyhosts website, for example, I had it pointed to tails5.thesmokylounge.com