Courage in Public Speaking

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
roalf

Courage in Public Speaking

Post by roalf »

Ever had that stupid butterfly in your stomach everytime you make a speech in school or something, in front of many people? Here's a speech I made the year before last year. It's for my school project. We we're told to make our own speech and we can choose any topic we want. Since I saw that almost all of my classmates have a stage fright, I wanna give them a boost of self esteem, I mean, self confidence. LOL! :D
Courage

Optimistic, such a simple word, meaning, positive thinker, but haven’t you noticed, some of us are the opposite, which is pessimistic? The question is, why? Why do we have to always think that we couldn’t do it? We ought to have courage on every little thing we do. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says... “I'll try again tomorrow.”

We shouldn’t be afraid of breakdown. It’s part of life. In a battle, someone wins, someone losses. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore. We can’t be winners at all times. We have to be losers too, to be able to discover our weaknesses and to be able to learn from our mistakes. Nobody’s perfect in spite of everything. At one point of our lives, we have to fall, because when we fall, it’s great to feel the pleasure of standing up again. As a child, we have to touch the fire first, to be able to comprehend that it’s hot.

We just have to deem in ourselves. Always say to yourself, “I can do this!” When the world is on your shoulders, just smile and let it show. If people try to put you down, just walk on by, don’t turn around. You only have to answer to yourself. Now, that’s a nice song, I must say.
Fear, another simple word, every one of us has this. One says, “I’m afraid of the dark.” Then I say to him, “fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed.” Then he says again, “I’m afraid I won’t be able to memorize my speech.” Then again, I say to him, “fear is just a simple acronym meaning, False Evidence Appearing Real. You know who that anxious person is? Me. I have so many things that I’m troubled of. But I keep on saying to myself when I’m afraid to face my fear, “You don't face your fears, you stand up to them.”
I believe that bravery is half audacity and half apprehension. Because bravery is a special kind of knowledge; the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.

So if some of you have the fear of standing on this stage, speaking in front of many people, just take into account that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. If you’re afraid of messing up with your speech, never mind, I myself had forgotten some lines in my speech but have you noticed it? I guess not, because I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?"

So friends, let us all remember that brave men are all vertebrates; they have their softness on the surface and their toughness inside. Don’t be afraid to mess up, it’s not the end of the world for you anyway. Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell and rose again. Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. So we shouldn’t let fear, be a factor. Thank you.
Copyright © 2006 Roalf. All rights reserved. :P

Envoxia

The best.

Post by Envoxia »

That's the best ever! You're absolutely right in everything you wrote and that was great of you to write about something that most of you were experiencing. Chances are you just made the pressure grow though, i'm sure you had one of the best speeches up there.

By the way, can I save that and put it on my site. I promise I will give you complete credit, link to your site or email, whatever you want. I'm not going to jack it as my own and I won't do it without your permission.
roalf

Re: The best.

Post by roalf »

Envoxia wrote:That's the best ever! You're absolutely right in everything you wrote and that was great of you to write about something that most of you were experiencing. Chances are you just made the pressure grow though, i'm sure you had one of the best speeches up there.

By the way, can I save that and put it on my site. I promise I will give you complete credit, link to your site or email, whatever you want. I'm not going to jack it as my own and I won't do it without your permission.
Gee thanks man! :D

Sure no problem! Just say it's by Nesvin Roalf Burgonio at the end or something. :)
Envoxia

Many thanks

Post by Envoxia »

Thanks alot for that, it's much appreciated. I may even make a graphic featuring that. If I do you'll be the first to see it.
roalf

Post by roalf »

Cool, thanks! :D

Just let me know. :wink: