Domain names : to much search = taken ?

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
EnacheVladian

Domain names : to much search = taken ?

Post by EnacheVladian »

I mean, its posible that if you search avaibility of a domain name to many times somebody to ocunt it and take the domain name as a posible future profit sale ?

Ky

Post by Ky »

Not sure about that. What I do know is that if they see the demand of the domain go up, they start a auction style sale for the domain renewal. There was a nice blog about it too.
fordrules

Post by fordrules »

I heard about that. One of the huge problems over here was that abc.com.au was bought by a teenager before the ABC network in Australia became online. So ABC used abc.net.au, and now that ABC own both abc.com.au and abc.net.au they just have abc.com.au re-directing to abc.net.au.

LOL

So there's a tounge-twister for you.
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

i guess that could be possible, but i am not sure about that
Kaky

Post by Kaky »

I read somewhere that if there are a lot queries on whois and other engines that some registrars use algorythms to automaticly "put the domain on hold" here is what i encountered i searched for gray-eye.com on godaddy and domainsite and when i finally registered it the net version has been "registered" the same sec nut i searched today the whois and it ells no such domain exists .

So the answer is yes .

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

Kaky wrote:I read somewhere that if there are a lot queries on whois and other engines that some registrars use algorythms to automaticly "put the domain on hold" here is what i encountered i searched for gray-eye.com on godaddy and domainsite and when i finally registered it the net version has been "registered" the same sec nut i searched today the whois and it ells no such domain exists .

So the answer is yes .
but how is that possible, like how can people set something up like that?
darko

Post by darko »

Maybe the website, that you whoised the domain from, can be storing the information in a database and selling the database to another company that buys the domain, and that company can have the same arragment, with a number of whois up websites, and thus having lots of info, of what the people want
Darko
zktz

Re: Domain names : to much search = taken ?

Post by zktz »

EnacheVladian wrote:I mean, its posible that if you search avaibility of a domain name to many times somebody to ocunt it and take the domain name as a posible future profit sale ?
YES, it always happen in my country.
rwshthn

i cant under stand

Post by rwshthn »

i think you mean when you want domain name and some body els take it can you pay for it i think no unlis you ask his owner