Ultimate Computer Desk

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.

Would you buy one?

No, I ain't an extreme user.
100%
No, I ain't an extreme user.
No votes

Total votes: 4
TheCrymsonLegends

Ultimate Computer Desk

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

If you could have a desk made specifically to your needs what would they be? I will give you a hint of the computer desk I am on my way to getting a patent for it and maybe it will spark an intrest :P.

I don't have a model or anything to show anyone yet but I can describe it to you the best way possible.

Imagine your sitting in your chair at your desk, the monitor platform is adjustable depending on what size chair you have and how tall you are, making it customized for the user. The Desk instead of flemzy OSB Board mine will be made out of Oak or a simularly strong wood that will not fall apart like some desks I have had. Luckily I saved my monitor at an expense of some pain.

To the right, left, and top of your Monitor there are CD Case slots for the original cases not the slim, but the slim will fit perfectly. Directly to the left will be a stand with places to put your cd's that you frequently use, so you don't have to have look where you put your cases to find them.

The Desk will surround you on both sides on the right will be a place to run your mouse with a built in mouse pad and arm rest. The arm rest will be a foam padding, to support your arm while your using your mouse. Too keep your arm from hurting ( I keep extreme computer users in mind. ) It will have an extendable slab of wood from both sides to meet in the middle for your keyboard to lay on, or you can choose to have a built-custom-to-order table like thing to place your keyboard, depending on what chair you have. The Table will also be extendable to height.

The Left Side will also encase your computer, a motherboard mount will be in there with mounts for cd-roms, harddrives, power supplies, and anything you have in your computer. Custom-Built to suit your motherboard the desk will come with pre-cut areas for the devices you connect to the back, and a 4-slot USB port built in the side for easier access. The Idea of this is still in it's pre-stages but soon I will figure out how to get it all working, and properly supported.

For Extreme Gamers: The Encasing of this desk can come standard with up to a possible 128 80mm or 120mm Fans. 64 Exaust and 64 Intake, and don't worry about dust because this desk will come standard with a air filter that can be easily changed out. ( Once again in the pre-stages but the fans will run off it's own power supply, so no need to worry about hooking them all up, just plug it up and your good to go. It will also have a controller so you can turn the fans up or down to your liking. Not sure on noise level, 128 Fans it a lot of blowing lol, but no rattling would happen. )

Cup Holders would be built in so that Pets, or Accident do not happen, the encasing would also be spill proof so any accidents don't get to your valuble internals.

Also neon or regular lighting can be provided to those who specify it, Since obviously you want to see your internals, the side will be plexiglass, and a light can be placed inside to give you the ultimate computer lighting.

The right I havn't quite figured out yet, I might remove it all together, since the only thing it would be good for is a Printer, but if you have a recliner, you won't be able to get in and out of your chair normaly, so I will find a new place for the printer.

For those with Recliners, the whole underneath of the desk will be free to kick your feet up and be close enough to your monitor so these words arn't hard to read lol. This desk isn't ordinary, it's extrordinary, the ultimate desk built for extreme gamers, and users. Depending on your level of computing the desk can be made to your specific needs, and for even more extreme computing, I might even build in an actual fan instead of case fans for more air being pushed over your system. :D. Just think, more heat being killed so you can overclock your computer higher, without overheating your system, I might try to work in a way to build in a Water Cooling System, in the desks. I am guesstimating but the desk might hit around $300 to $500 once it is completely built. Since the wood would be hardwood, fans, cooling system, cd-racks, work time, and built-to-order, I don't think it's a bad price since most people spend $1000s of dollars on systems anyway :D.

The desk as I have said is in it's designing stage, no real model has been made yet, but once I create one, I will gladly post pictures up, give me some feedback on what you think, what you would like, and some more ideas for extreme computer desks. I will keep this post updated on my progress as I get my patent, and move to making my first actual model. :D. Thanks.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

uh im not sure but thats sounds interesting :wink:
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

Yes, I would love one.

it sounds cool
jtcandra

Post by jtcandra »

yay, there's finally someone come up with a decent computer desk.
I've been bothered by my crappy desk that I picked up from a junk yard.

But plz dont make it too pricy..cant afford.....:(
ddarude

Post by ddarude »

I think the table that you grab from the junk yard is the exact table that I bought :(
http://www.stonersdent.com
63.208.142.108:27015
The_Miroku

Post by The_Miroku »

ha lol that would be a hot desk it would sell for a good pirce hopefully