SQL for non-dummies?

Any problem with SQL can be discussed here.

Will the above be difficult?

no
25%
no
75%

Total votes: 4
gemini181

SQL for non-dummies?

Post by gemini181 »

I can:

-install PHP scripts
-make some modifications
-'clone' a database and back it up, or use the copy, on another host.

I can't face writting 'real code'.

What I need (I'm not looking for someone to do this for me, I just want to know "if it will be really hard to do")

-I have a decent quality (paid for) affiliate script with some really good features, but you 'are only as strong as your weakest link'.
-Affiliates can count on sales tracking accuratly, but the script doesn't tell them how many sub-affiliates (standard 'two-tier' not the dreaded MLM) they have.

I need to make a 'simple' (ha :lol: :lol: ) 'module' which queries the existing tables and shows the number of 'first-level' sub-affiliates, for a member who is logged-in.

Is this going to be tough for a first timer (I've learned a lot, while avoiding writting code (yuck).

Thank you very much,
MGH

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

Its not very difficult. You just need to do good database structure and using php create a relationsips. Try to begin and contact me if you face dificulties. But do not as me to write it for you from scratch, i just can HELP you create, i can fix problems and can suggest if you will need my suggestion.
I think i'm not the best at databases but i think my knowledge will be enough to help you to develope what you need
Contact me if you face any problems
gemini181

Post by gemini181 »

"i can fix problems and can suggest if you will need my suggestion. "

That's really nice.

I'm used to tools (crutches), like Dreamweaver for example, which do things for me, but I know some things can't be done that way.

Thanks
MGH
boyvnca

Post by boyvnca »

gemini181 wrote:"i can fix problems and can suggest if you will need my suggestion. "

That's really nice.

I'm used to tools (crutches), like Dreamweaver for example, which do things for me, but I know some things can't be done that way.

Thanks
MGH
i dont realy know about this. is Dreamweaver work??
Phantasmagoria

Post by Phantasmagoria »

Dreamweaver for PHP/MySQL coding? I thought Dreamweaver was a WYSIWYG editor like FrontPage... client-side.
gemini181

Post by gemini181 »

I wasn't clear:

-Dreamweaver is a 'crutch', something to avoid having to learn code.
Phantasmagoria wrote:Dreamweaver for PHP/MySQL coding? I thought Dreamweaver was a WYSIWYG editor like FrontPage... client-side.
-Front-page (at least in 1999-2000, when I tried it) is a sad, worthless joke.
-Dreamweaver is powerful and very cool for not only just HTML/ WYSIWYG and...
-These days it is tightly integrated with ASP, Coldfusion, and JSP (if you have some of those skills it will help a lot),
-It offers 'some support' for PHP/MySql.

I started this thread because I need to query an existing database for users who are 'logged in', and have never done that before. I understand many things about programming, but have never learned to write code.

Thanks,
MGH
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

does not seem very hard to do