Future of Television Viewing

Show off your ideas!! Here are our future scientists!!
Strider

Future of Television Viewing

Post by Strider »

This is a just a draft idea but i guess its not far from inventing.

The future of Television watching will be changed with this new Tech TV.
You have heard of PIP. Picture In Picture. where we can see different channels at the same time on the screen, shown in Small windows. This distracts the viewers.

What if there is a TV which shows different screen to different viewers. Like for example there is a family watching TV, Father is watching News on the TV, simultaneously the mother is watching cooking programs, simultaneously the son is watching sports channel and the daughter is watching Cartoons. All this on one TV with each one getting the full screen coverage.

Well it is possible. a Slightest sample of it is if you have a LCD monitor or TV at home then if you view your screen in different angles than you see a slight different color and picture. Well this technique can be used to display a complete different picture. But for that the viewers have to be in specific angles, like if father moves from his position to daughters, he will see cartoon not news. The sound technology for this system has already been invented. Like the person in the sound path can only hear the sound. person out of the sound path cannot hear a thing. So TV sends 4 different sounds to four different paths so that each person hears different sound like the picture.

This technology is not far, Might be in the next decade. imagine the possibilities. No fights to watch TV any more.

----------------------
STRIDER
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hey, great idea out there :)

But, though i dont know much about LCD devices (like monitors), dont you think before any such thing comes, first a way has to come wherein even on a LCD screen one should be able to have a complete 180 degrees viewing angle!! which somehow i dont think is practical!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow! Great idea, but what if it gets bugged? Then we'd be hearing cartoon noise out of the sports channel...
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Strider

Post by Strider »

Yeh that would be really fun.....

But imagine the technology....

You know there is already a LCD displays available with are completely flexible. YOu can bend them like paper. Science has gone so ahead in these recent years that its unbelievable.
----------------------
STRIDER
iBye

Post by iBye »

That sounds pretty cool, would be cool if they make a TV like that.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

You mean the with the LCD ? that will be great.
4ran

Post by 4ran »

Strider wrote: Well it is possible. a Slightest sample of it is if you have a LCD monitor or TV at home then if you view your screen in different angles than you see a slight different color and picture. Well this technique can be used to display a complete different picture. But for that the viewers have to be in specific angles, like if father moves from his position to daughters, he will see cartoon not news. The sound technology for this system has already been invented. Like the person in the sound path can only hear the sound. person out of the sound path cannot hear a thing. So TV sends 4 different sounds to four different paths so that each person hears different sound like the picture.
well... how will the one know what angel shows the his/her show ?? i know what you mean.. there are these small rulers where you get different pictures everytime you look to the rulers from different angels ... it might be possible ... but hard to control in the case of TV i guess...

thanks alot for sharing .. thu it would be really cool if we got one ;)
caiba

Post by caiba »

May look for a video on demand in the network the code. Like this was allowed to watch the television.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

SHAdmin wrote:Hey, great idea out there :)

But, though i dont know much about LCD devices (like monitors), dont you think before any such thing comes, first a way has to come wherein even on a LCD screen one should be able to have a complete 180 degrees viewing angle!! which somehow i dont think is practical!
On a LCD Screen you have problems viewing the screen from certain angles. If you are anywhere in front of the screen you will not have much problems but if like on a Laptop you were to lean the monitor backwards the contrast gets messed up. Blacks look white, and other colors turn black which now looks white. Unlike a desktop CRT monitor or a TV which isn't LCD you can normally have 180 degree viewing range as the color is rear projected and lands on the screen. With an LCD screen I believe the color is on the screen and if you get at any one of the bad angles to the sight of the monitor you will have different color ranges, contrast, and brightness. Basically it is like taking a picture in any program that allows you to invert the colors, that's pretty much what it does.

As far as this TV I would assume it isn't very far away since the holographic images already have this all depending on what angle you look at it. I think the Mirrors would essentially be the key for making this happen in a TV because it could be placed at specific angles to catch the light intended from the specific projector. Although I'm not sure how many plasma and LCD TV's could have this but with a rear projection TV you would be adding projectors and would need to get a tuner per projector.

The price of this could be more outrageous than it really is worth. But if this technology did come out and it was moderately affordable then the nice TVs of today would be much cheaper for everyone to just buy 4 HDTV's and put one in each of their rooms lol.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
snuffz

Post by snuffz »

wow that is a awsome idea i cant belive i have never tought of this