Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
y04chs067

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Post by y04chs067 »

Following Apple's release of it's new operating system, Leopard, under the Mac OS X series, I can't believe that there isn't a thread discussing it.

Aren't there any Mac users out here?

csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

well, it is a very nice os. i have tried it with my pc. the nice thing is that it can be installed on intel based systems. i like to try out mac for ages but it is just too expensive for me, but now that it can be installed on pc, it is a nice thing to try.
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

Im just wondering what so great about it when most programs being made now are only on windows xp/vista and sense most people havent even heard of a mac not that i havent i no alot about one, but what so great about it?
sahilamin

Post by sahilamin »

I find Apple products pretty bad in general. The OS they have can't do much and the only good thing on it is Photoshop.
The OS isn't even more secure, it's just nobody would bother coding a virus that would infect only like 1 in 500 people - if you're lucky.
BrandonN

Post by BrandonN »

I love it. I find when I open up a program it just works. When I download one? It works. Why? Cause all the macs's use the same software. Yeah some have more ram then others but that doesn't matter it just works.
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

can you upgrade anything on macs
antnzdotcom

Post by antnzdotcom »

Since the beta launch of Vista I have always been a test user. I found Vista had many problems and was a huge memory hog! On launch day I bought a new MacBook running Leopard and am extremely happy!

Leopard has great features and simply "just works".
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Since it is dugged up, I have some comments about leopard.

I dont want to turn this into a MAC vs PC flame thread

Just that Apple OSes upgrades does not add significantly new features or intensive performance boost.

Also, whats up with the propierity crap. Only HFS for Apple? No dual-boot from XP to OSX on PC (unless hacked installation). I thought Apple learn their lesson when they changed their primary processor to Intel CPUs.

Talking about dual-boot -- boot camp, it is just like apple is giving a chance for us to use Windows, like a rich kid bringing a begger to visit some 5-star hotel that the rich kid thinks the begger would never afford. Yes, this is how I feel about Apple -- looking down at people who does not use Apple products.

P.S If you notice, I've never targetted anything of Windows or Microsoft, because you can find it crawling all around Google at any given time.