Winrar Or Winzip?

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
sanma

Post by sanma »

I prefer winrar, it's been always there when i needed it haha =P

MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

A few things to say:
  1. This thread is for WINRAR AND WINZIP, so why are you posting about other softwares? Just say I don't or do use them.
  2. ^^To the person above me, use winrar, it can uncompress rar AND zip files!, Including .gz, .tar.gz and some other...
  3. I use winrar :)
Wont be back till Sunday!
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I prefer WinRar as I think it makes the least size
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

I prefer winrar but I also support 7zip :p
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Honestly I don't think I have ever used either one of these. The one I use supports a huge range of compressed archives so since it's always worked I've never been tempted.

How are they in functionality/options? Do they allow you to open multiple files? Can you drag and drop to and from the archived files? Thought I would liven this post up, and if it's been answered I'm not feeling to well so I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread. Thanks.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'm not sure about WinZip, but WinRAR lets you open multiple files (in seperate windows) and you can drag and drop to/from the archive.

Which one do you use?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Jason

Post by Jason »

I hate both but if I had to choose between the two, WinRAR.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

winrar ti zip large files fast.. winzip to zip small file fast... 7zip to zip things to supersmall size.. winrar most of the time

what do you guys use?
Jason

Post by Jason »

I use the built in extractor in Windows. :D Suits all my needs.

WinRAR I only install when something I have downloaded is using it (in which case I immediately uninstall it once used). I never ever ever use WinZip; it's far too complexed.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

how is it complex? isn't it the same way using winzip/winrar and other zipping softwares?